Tuning

YouthPage8@AOL.COM YouthPage8@AOL.COM
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 00:30:36 EDT

	I have only been tuning for a short time, and during this time have always
used a temperament based on 4th's and 5th's that is primarily checked with
3rd's and 6th's.  I have been told that the quality of my tuning will be
greatly improved when I get a better sense of how fast the 3rd's and 6th's are
beating and start concentrating on setting the "pivotal tones".  Is there a
trick to comparing the fast beating thirds (or sixth's for that matter)?

Jonathan Hoover