tape on keys

Doug Oliver daoliver@cyberportal.net
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 12:34:05 -0400 (EDT)

Ron,

Yes you are in trouble.

I am under the impression that one purpose of a listserve is to exchange
PRACTICAL ideas as well as technical.  Although new to the list, I am not
new to the profession, and the fact is most of us deal daily with such
practical challenges.  While discussion on inharmonicity, sring tension,
temperament and acoustic theory are enlightening and helpful, so is learning
how to convince a client NOT to allow their hampster loose in the house (to
do a magnitude of damage to an action only a rodent could do), how to remove
dampers easily (instead of yanking them off with a pair of needlenose
pliers, which was the first technique I was taught), and certainly how to
remove sticky stuff (tape being only ONE of the varieties of sticky I have
encountered... some a little less mentionable) are more than fair game for
serious and INTELLIGENT conversation...

Anyone else feel the way I do?

Doug