The "NeverTune Piano"

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:13:49 -0600

Hi Y'all.

In my limited experience I've run across 3 pianos that the owners SWEAR =
have not been tuned for a large number of years.  In all three cases =
they claim double digits (at least 10 years since last tuning). =20

In all three cases, with this particular brand only, the pianos did not =
require a pitch raise!  Before going to each job, I gave the owners the =
pitch raise "schpeel" only to check to find the pianos either 4 cents =
low or even high!  Of course they sounded terrible but the overall pitch =
averaged out and they needed only one pass.  What brand was this?  =
Gulbrasen.  Two consoles and a spinet.

Glenn, the "Perpetual Associate" (no, I'm not going to let that go.  I =
still can't believe everyone else did).