Quality upright damper felt blocks

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:11:24 -0600

>wonder if it's the felt.  Often times the blocks are not "square".  What
>felt do you use?

If you buy the blocks as a strip and not precut then cut them yourself they
are much more square. Cut between block 4 and 5 for the first cut then
between 2 and 3 then between 1 and 2 and between 3 and 4. Continue in this
oattern for the whole strip. This way you have the same amount of felt on
each side of the cut and it doesn't pull from one side. You get squares not
trapazoids (spelleing). I use both ASPCO and Shaff. I get Shaff orders in 1
day but ASPCO takes 2 weeks.

John Dewey