Secret technology

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:20:01 -0500 (EST)

Yesterday was a snow day, schools closed, for my kids, and the college
told me to stay away, with pay (yippee), so I was doing general cleanup
and reviewing the year's business and CLEANING MY DESK. I love my desk, it
is a beautiful Canadian-made light oak thing, cost $175 at a 2nd hand
store plus a $5 dollar delivery fee for the two high school boys who
carried it to my third floor (I tipped them heavily). Once when the
printer jammed I had ink on my hands and left a mark on one of the
drawers. I thought it would be a good time to clean it off, but it was
impervious to all the usual solvents... Then I remembered some inspired
soul on this list recommending Right Guard deodorant for such things. I
use one of those gooey sticks, and the only roll-on was my wife's Secret.
So I daubed some on a rag and presto! what a product. How could I live
without the help I get on this list? Don't tell my wife what I did with
her deodorant.

It was also a year when I tackled a job with vellum hinges, which went
well. It wouldn't have been nearly as easy without the suggetion from one
of you about using photographic film to spread the glue in the slot. Don't
worry, historical buffs, I didn't use the film for the hinges themselves.
I used vellum. It was easier than I thought.

Lastly, I told my wife about all the uses for vodka and how I am now going
to carry it in the trunk with my tools, and suddenly she wants to know
more about this Susan Kline. Thank you, Susan, for your delightful series
of articles about world-class junk.

Mark Graham
Baldwin-Wallace College Conservatory of Music, except for yesterday