Replacing sharps

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Wed, 06 Jan 1999 12:55:24 -0800

Hi, Lance and list.  My technique for this fun task were actually very successful.  Using a steel plate, such as the table on a drill press, or table saw, I held the key upside down just to the rear of the sharp.  Using a sharp rap with a snap of the wrist, I brought the sharp down flat on the steel plate. Voila'. It is vital that you bring the key down flat.  No splinters, just a clean separation.  Other surfaces, concrete, wood, etc., just don't seem to work as dependably.  Works for me.
Steve

>>> "Lance Lafargue" <lafargue@iamerica.net> 01/05 3:53 PM >>>
I have to replace the sharps in a relatively new C6. (chipped ebony-Karen's
fingernails?) I have been told to just knock off or pry the old sharps off,
but when I did, splinters from the key came off with the sharps.  I don't
want to mess with the front key bushings by using steam or heat, or glue
solvent.  How do I remove the old ebony sharps and reglue the new ones
keeping the key "as is" with a professional result?  Thanks!
LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.