Feedback on PTG attendance

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:22:08 EST

Barb:

Let me interject this tought. I don't belong to the PTG for my customers. I
belong because of ME. I get the benefits of belonging to the PTG. The
customers benefit that I know more. If you don't want to belong because you
don't think it will do you any good, then don't. But if you think you can get
somethign out of the PTG, either through chapter meetings, the Journal, or
going to a convention somehwere, then whether it cost 1% of your income, or
50% of your income, it shouldn't matter.

As far a taking the exam, instead of wasting a lot of time traveling for just
the purpose of taking the exam, take them at a seminar or the convention and
kill two birds with one stone.

Regarding the local members, and attending the meetings,  its the same whether
you belong to a big chapter or a little chapter. You only get out of a chapter
meeting what you are willing to put into it. If you just sit and listen, and
don't contribute to the discussion, or ask questions, then you'll come away
with a feeling that the meeting wasn't worth while. On the other hand, if you
contribute, then it will be a successful meeting. There are always going to a
few techs who want to sahre only with other PTG members.

Barb, in a nut shell, I think what you want is for us to tell you to join the
PTG. Otherwise you wouldn't have come on the list and ask for our opinion. I
think enough members have told you to do that. So just put down the money,and
join the chapter. They will like you for it, and you'll get the benefits.

Just my thought.

Willem Blees