Room-to-room grand piano move

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:38:56 -0400

I have been asked to take charge of move of an older Baldwin 'R' from
the lobby of a nursing home down the hall back to the activities room.
They called me because they can't find a mover who can get to it, and I
put the piano on its' side and repaired a damaged leg plate that the
last movers ignored prior to my last visit.

There are no steps.  I have a dolly and plenty of help.  I do not have a
skid, so the step that involves getting the dolly under the piano once
the lid's been removed is the part that makes my a bit nervous.  I
thought of making  some sort of support block that was the same height
as the dolly and placing it under the bass end side.  Is there a good
way to immoblize the dolly?

I couldn't find anything useful in the archives.

Carl Root, RPT