MAJOR peeve

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:31:00 -0500

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >I bet I end up dumping this church.
> >
> >Oh well, it beats an officec job!!
> >
> >--
> >
> >Frank Cahill
>
> Gee Frank, you sound almost as enthusiastic about these things as I am.
> Really, I don't mind a Dampp-Chaser system at all. They can be quite
> effective when correctly installed, maintained, and left PLUGGED IN. It's
> just that too many of the "systems" I see are 0-for-3, and the rest are 1 or
> 2-for-3, with absolutely none of them being 3-for-3. In most cases, they
> weren't necessary in the first place. Kind of like that office job you
> mentioned.
>
>  Ron

For my in-home customers, they are great systems. Makes my job easier.
But in churches, they always seems to be ignored.  With this last
church, the humidity dropped and the piano dropped 5 cents with it. They
are not happy, but I'm not sure I'll be able to keep them happy. Most
churches seem content to let the piano drift and are only concerned
about pitch for special events...then they have me tune.

You know, yesterday I was offered my old job at $60,000 per year.  I
must admit that I'm tempted, what with these difficult clients.  But I
turned it down, 'cuz I know what I don't like about that job. I'm
convinced no job, even pianos,  is perfect...that's why they call it
work!
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member