MAJOR peeve

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 07:13:35 -0600

>For once, I totally agree with Susan.  I service many pianos in Southern
>Louisiana.  There are places and pianos where an unregulated dehumidifier
>would be OK.

>Sincerely,
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin

Unless you're talking about a fishing camp on a lake or a house in the
middle of the Atchafalaya I would respecfully disagree. I've seen many
overdried pianos in the winter here, people tend to heat rooms with gas
fires and space heaters and unless the dehumidifier is shut off the results
can be terrible. I rarely, if ever, install any humidification but always
use the humidistat and have no problems with stability or wood drying out
excessively.

Dave

Dave Doremus RPT
Algiers Piano Works, Ltd