MAJOR peeve

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:12:36 -0600 (CST)

>Unless you're talking about a fishing camp on a lake or a house in the
>middle of the Atchafalaya I would respecfully disagree. I've seen many
>overdried pianos in the winter here, people tend to heat rooms with gas
>fires and space heaters and unless the dehumidifier is shut off the results
>can be terrible. I rarely, if ever, install any humidification but always
>use the humidistat and have no problems with stability or wood drying out
>excessively.
>
>Dave

Yep, that's the way I see it. Too many times, I've fought with the results
of someone having made an erroneous assumption about something. Too many of
those times, it was me. In my ongoing attempts at being a recovering idiot,
I've adopted the philosophy that the only way to go is to make everything as
idiot resistant, and as situation resistant as possible. That means, among
other things, *never* installing a heater bar without a humidistat.

assume =    ass = u & me

 Ron