flange bushing/ Friction Numbers/ Gram Guage

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:27:50 EST

Seriously, pinning is such a fine art. Hey my "associate" has run off with my
German grammometer?  I have no idea where to get another. There were two, a 0
to 15, with a I guess follow needle ??( it stopped at the highest resistance)
and one that went 0 to 50grams.

I think I still have charts on my USA concert work somewhere, I measured and
labled all flanges, before installation, of new parts. (hammer, repitition,
jack, and balacencier...I neeed to get some books on piano repairs/parts names
Pace stuf I thingk now...)  And all my concert regulating and voicing
accounts. Anyway this was all to check, "later" and compare were and
tear...ie. changes in flanges (touch) over a span of years.

I'm not a "name" person per say regarding parts. I do my best to judje quality
(objectively as I can) But I always used original replacement in all my work
in the US. Been more than 10 years, with no manufacture support
whatsoever...nothing except Steinway and Sons, New York and American Piano
Supply. So I am partail to those who provide.(not refer)

Anyone have a comparison study on different "flange bushing" producers?
What happened to the Steinway teflon bushings? (been away too long!)
I loved the teflon......resistance to a micro gram!!!

Forgive me, Haven't had the opportunity to catch up on all the many things I
am sure I don't know. Been in a "educational" vacuum" for 10 years.

Give me some time to get back up to speed. I just do what comes natural,
(sometimes I'm not so sharp)! I'll try to get my hands on all the educational
materials I can while I'm here.

Thank you for the info, This new "Internet" thing..is really going to keep me
in line, and hopefully on line with all the "excellence" the Guild has to
offer...I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a while. And try to keep my pen
... less active.

Gregory Fisher
APTPianoDiscME.Hotmail.com