Survey for U. techs

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:02:44 -0600 (CST)

Hi Rob,

   Here's my "vitals". Did you also post this to the caut list?

>This is for all those U. techs out there.
>
>I have been fighting a battle with the devine department of university
>professional paper filers regarding some issues here at NAU.  I am
>curious about what some other policies/conditions there are out there.
>I was wondering if you would mind sharing the following:
>
>1. How many pianos?  145 plus 3 harpsichords
>
>2. FT/PT?  FT
>
>3. 9 month contract/year contract?  Full-time, benefits eligible staff
>
>4. How much budget?  When I first started, very little. Since moving into
    the new building, more than I can realistically use for my own work.
    But it's also used for some contract work, incl. tuning help and some
    minor contract rebuilding work.

>5. Average age/condition of pianos?   37 new lease pianos, 10 new to
    1-1/2 yrs. old. Remainder from the early 70's, except for 3 from the
    teens & 20's.

>6. Shop?  Yes. Is it reasonably equipped? No. Only a table model drill
    press and an air-compressor. Any other smaller tools are mine but the
    new opera dept. scene shop has about anything I would ever want (except
    a plate hoist) and I have access to all their tools.

>7. Other comments? A great, very considerate faculty to work for and
    nobody "looks over my shoulder". I can pretty much set my own schedule
    as long as the essential stuff (concerts, certain teachers, etc.) gets
    done. I'm also allowed to do outside work to supplement my school
    salary.

>8. What size school is it total?  App. 31,000 (640 in Music Dept.)

SNIP

>Okay, your turn.  Thanks!
>

>Rob Goodale, RPT
>Northern Arizona University