Filemaker Pro - was Windows Laptops

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:11:55 -0400

Greg Newell wrote:
> As long as I'm on the subject ... for those of you who are in
> to mobile offices, I highly recommend that you check out FileMaker Pro for
> your customer database.  It is fully configurable to any form you wish and
> is fully relational and you don't have to have a degree in computer science
> to design your own database. Try it you'll like it.

There are a lot of techs out there who are still using old DOS
programs.  You can export files from these programs into Filemaker Pro
MAC or Windows.  I used dBase IV from Jan '87 through Dec '98 and wish I
had discovered Filemaker Pro sooner.

You can get help from local user groups.  Maybe we'll start out own
FMPPTG group. :-)

Carl Root, RPT