Dampp Chasers & baseboard heat

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:47:28 -0500

We all have a few of them: customers who have baseboard heat (or other heat
sources) blasting away behind their pianos. Of course, "It's Impossible!"
to move the furniture around to get the piano away from the heat source.
That would really screw up the household's fengshui, if Aunt Martha's
cupboard with all of her picture plates had to be moved to a different wall!
While this is "an opportunity" to sell the usual vertical Dampp Chaser
system, it is also a bit like trying to put a housefire out with a plastic
watergun.
It just occurred to me that the player/Steinway system with the mylar sheet
(or the mylar sheeting supplementing the standard system) *might* be
reasonably effective in this scenario. Are any of you having success in
these situations?
TIA,
Patrick Draine, RPT
Billerica, MA