piano finish

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 01:48:14 EST

I like to use, Isopropal alchol, on Poly finishes. It's what they use at the
factory in Vienna. Works very good.

Sometimes when I find a "goober" that doen't repond...gues what..the
indudtrial cleaner, warm water.

I think some "goobers" are oil based, which cleans well with Isopropal, but if
sugar "goobers" water really does the trick. (small amount of soap, and don't
get careles with "any" fuilds around a piano. and make sure you know absolutly
what type of finish yu are dealing with, or part(s) as the case may be.

Once I tied to clean a sounding board, (all the strings out of course) and I
had this one spot that nothing in my arsinal would dissolve. I think it was a
Pepsi, but I didn't taste it ..could have been coke!....anyway..warm water
took it off like Mr. Clean....Just gotta test a few things see what
works...and doesn't damage.

Gregory