Dampp-Chasers, was MAJOR peeve

barre46@ibm.net barre46@ibm.net
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 01:46:31 -0600

The secret of using an impact hammer is to allow the hammer to bump the tuning
pin to the proper position. Place the hammer fully on the pin, holding it
loosely swing the handle to bump the tuning pin in the proper direction. For me,
this method will move the tuning pin in very small increments enabling a nice
fine tuning. Very tight or very loose tuning pins are much more difficult but
what else is new.

Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN