bits and pieces......

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 19:57:15 +0200

Hi list. As this is an area to pool and share info here's a couple of
things. To my great suprise today, I was chipping up an upright I had just
re-pinned and tuning this one note and nothing, first thing did I have the
correct string? and I did looking close the pin was in the process of
breaking off! the string cutting back into the pin from the hole. I
carefully began to detune it and go the string loose enough to get it off
and the got the pin out. It is interesting to see how it looks, bent at
about 15 degrees from the hole to the tip, the string cut from the hole
into the pin, causing the begining of the break. Anyhow another museum
piece.

Also today had an action with 3 screws already broken on the slot, for
those of you who have yet to encounter such delights I suggest you take off
the adjoining hammers and jacks so you have space and get to work with a
good pair of long nose pliers to hold what is left of the screw and turn it
out.

Brian Lawson

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services
PO Box 751097