Accu-tip and question

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:40:46 -0500

Roger, Ed, et al,

I had not thought to consider hammer weight/hardness changes due to
humidity variations changing FAC measurements.  Another variable to
consider.

I have thought about the below question on many occasions and have no
other answer except that the change is across the entire scale but
having a shallow bell curve, occurs gradually (so what's new), and most
likely would be unobservable by aural tuning.

My experience was with a number of S&Ss and Yamahas in convert venues
and that the A would be about 6.5 in the summer and about 9 in the
winter.  Getting a perfect and stored tuning would have not allowed this
observation because the stored tuning would have been followed, not
getting new FAC values.

Being over worked and lazy combined can produce interesting observation.

                Newton