Plate Casting: Metal Heads

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:51:28

At 05:18 PM 1/16/99 EST, Gregory wrote:
>PLATE CASTING:

>If I could "borrow" and use some of this technology, maybe we could
"reinvent"
>the plate. I know Yamaha vacuum casts, but I am sure better composites are
>certainly available. The "buckeye ball" research has been making incredible
>leaps and bounds.

Gregory, do you mean "buckyball" research, as in "buckminster fullerene"?
Nearly frictionless stuff which looks like miniature geodesic domes under
magnification? (The name alone is hilarious, but true, which just makes it
funnier.)

Is there some connection between this funny stuff and foundry work?
Tell on ...

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651