Netiquette

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:37:51 -0500

Dear Newton:

Thanks for weighing in.
One of the problems that the list has is that the "Welcome subscriber"
acknowledgement letter that new subscribers receive 1) doesn't recommend
reading the netiquette URL, and 2) clearly states that the list is
unmoderated and that "anything goes". I think that in being concerned about
"overstepping his authority" Andy leaves the "barn door" open to "me too"
posts, dimwitted puns, and the flame wars we have been familiar with.
On the positive side, things have been very civilized since the last big HT
v. ET brawl in the fall, until Greg's scattershot posts drew Bob's nasty
Peace, man ...
Patrick