Filemaker Pro - was Windows Laptops

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:10:34 -0800

John Musselwhite wrote:

> At 11:56 PM 1/13/99 -0800, Greg wrote:
> >Frank,
> >       The newest version (3.0 i believe) runs $199 at Micro Center. I didn't
> >know Approach was relational. Are you sure?  I already own approach but
> >I don't use it.
>
> Yes, it's fully relational and simple to set up and use. I keep separate
> dbases for client, invoices, pianos, tuning dates and directions to clients
> homes and tie them all together with an Approach "view".
>
>                 John
>
> John Musselwhite, RPT -  Calgary, Alberta Canada
> Registered Piano Technician   http://www.musselwhite.com
> email: john@musselwhite.com

John and Frank,
	Could you please describe how you do this?  I recently found that
approach will see all my files from PSM and so I can easily transfer the
database.  I need to set up the "Approach view" of which you speak.  I
hope to get as close as possible to the original look of PSM so as not
to confuse the primary user ... my lovely wife. Do any of you have any
suggestions as to how I may do this?  Am i correct in using Approach?
Will I be better off with FileMaker Pro as my brother strongly
suggests?  As for the others on this list who didn't buy a commercially
available program what do you do?
			Greg Newell
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gnewell.vcf