Tech-Toy Tip of the Day

Wed, 20 Jan 1999 06:54:03 -0600

Sandy Northrop,
At 06:54 1/20/99 EST, you wrote:

>I had to reply to the miners caps and flashlights in mouth routine.

>The best thing I've found is a pair of glasses without the glass.
<snip>
... I sure got a few laughs when I put them on the first time, but I could
>see deep into the key well and in dark hard to get to places.  I highly
>recommend them.

I haven't had a problem with lighting those dark places (I carry a
Brinkmann flashlight in my toolkit.) The problem I ran up against was
_seeing_ what I had lit up...

Those of us of a certain age who need bi- or tri-focals find the stiff neck
syndrome developing.  My cure for it was to get glasses with the near
vision top _and_ bottom.  They're called "double 'D'" grind.

They sure are nice when doing grand damper work, and with distance vision
in the center, I don't have to change glasses to go across the room, etc.

One side benefit - since I only use them for work, and they reside in my
tool kit, I consider them tools and thus fully deductible.

Conrad Hoffsommer 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College		(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

The best things in life aren't things.