Brass rail & new butts/vertical action design

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:23:17 -0500

" . . . I think that I have absorbed the principles of coinciding arcs,
key ratio, and so on, that underlie the grand piano. . ."

The geometry of good uprights are no less critical than in a grand.
Coinciding arcs apply equally.

Look in your supply house catalogs for a book explaining upright
geometry.  No higher math required than being able to count to ten on
you fingers.  (About all I can do.)  It is a good book and will explain
tolerances and how to compensate for stickers and dowel capstans.

My library is in storage.

                Newton