String Breakage (Reply)

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:29:40 -0400

Hi Ron,
Does your book have the data on brass.
I lost my notes from the class I attended in Dearborn.
There was a class on annealing the brass rails. He passed around a sample of
annealed and not annealed. The annealed one was noticeably more flexible.
I have since wondered, if putting it in an oven on the self-clean cycle, would
accomlish the same thing.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada