Approach Database

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:41:18 -0800

To John M. and list,
	John I thank you for your effort in explaining the direction I need to
take to set up my database.  I'm encouraged that this is indeed a viable
alternative to Piano Service Manager. I have worried that PSM is not Y2K
compliant and also I'm really tired of that silly software dongle that
must be on the parallel port to make the software active. I refuse to
have that on my laptop in the field and also I refuse to pay for another
one so that I can leave my system active at home for my wife. That
program was never really what I needed in the first place and ,I
believe, grossly overpriced.  Now the only reason I won't have what I
need is if I didn't create it correctly.
	I have already opened all the database files in both Approach and in
FileMaker Pro so I know it's possible. I guess the step now is to create
a form to import all the info into. PSM does split up the info into more
than one database as you so intelligently suggest. I did not find a file
that showed the main screen or form which opens 3 databases initially.
They are customer, piano, and schedule (this last one alternates with
the invoice database). These are all tiled onscreen at the same time one
above the other. This is the view I wish to create for my wife ( at
least initially). I will sit through the tutorials but that is a little
like asking directions when we're lost isn't it? :>)
	If you or anyone else has any other tips, please feel free to share. I
may even post the file I create as an attachment to the list when I'm
done with it. Thanks again!
				Greg Newell
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gnewell.vcf