Fw: Action Cleaning

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 06:44:30 EST

Actually on my first "test" Blast, I don't think, I ever got to any center
pins or felts.
I duck taped the backckecks, butts and catchers, stripped the damper felt and
sticker felts. I also lightly spayed clear lacquer to the entire action,
looked very fine to me. Clean and respectable. It was dead...now everything
looked good, and worked well. I didn't ever expect to get "a new concert
uptight action" from the idea of the procedure.

It was an experiment, back 23-25 years ago..recieved with great deal of
laughter and criticism. People are getting it "BLASTING" in the piano
industry, closer to a science now from what I read.

I'm all ears, for improvements in our field. My eyes are open too.

Gregory