Travelling Papers (was:String Breakage (Reply)

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:39:08 -0500

At 07:02 PM 1/21/99 +0000, you wrote:
>The question is do S&S and the like use a quality news paper for the
>strips or one of the smutty Tabloids.  I use one of the smutty Tabloids.
>
>What do you use:-)
>
>Barrie,

For hammer flange travelling I use fine sand paper which was cut into
thin strips with a paper cutter. (watch your fingers ! ) This way I can
maintain
some kind of traction on the flange, at least I think I can, that's all that
matters.

For wippen flanges I used to use single space typewriter correction tape.
(remember those)  Since that item is not stocked at the office supply store
I have resorted to cutting mailing labels into the thin strips as to someone's
suggestion on the list a few years back.

You gotta love this list,

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)
A bus station is where a bus stops.  A train station is where a train stops,
                  On my desk, I have a work station.