Travelling Papers (was:String Breakage (Reply)

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:24:16 +0000

Packing tape, probably exactly the same as butcher's tape.  I
precut it and keep it in a Fuji film canister (see through).
The reason we travel is because of the center pins.  Better to
attach to the flange rather than the rail, IMHO...I really hate
it when the traveling paper flies away when I've removed a
hammer shank & flange.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> Date:          Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:39:08 -0500
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> From:          Jon Page <jpage@capecod.net>
> Subject:       Travelling Papers (was:String Breakage (Reply)

> At 07:02 PM 1/21/99 +0000, you wrote:
> >The question is do S&S and the like use a quality news paper for the
> >strips or one of the smutty Tabloids.  I use one of the smutty Tabloids.
> >
> >What do you use:-)
> >
> >Barrie,
>
> For hammer flange travelling I use fine sand paper which was cut into
> thin strips with a paper cutter. (watch your fingers ! ) This way I can
> maintain
> some kind of traction on the flange, at least I think I can, that's all that
> matters.
>
> For wippen flanges I used to use single space typewriter correction tape.
> (remember those)  Since that item is not stocked at the office supply store
> I have resorted to cutting mailing labels into the thin strips as to someone's
> suggestion on the list a few years back.
>
> You gotta love this list,
>
> Jon Page
> Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)
> A bus station is where a bus stops.  A train station is where a train stops,
>                   On my desk, I have a work station.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@jps.net