Fw: Action Cleaning

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:11:46 -0800

Steve Grattan wrote:

> We rebuild pianos/player pianos and reed organs and have been using the
> glass bead blasting method for cleaning everything from wippens to pedal
> rods for two plus years. It is the best system for cleaning parts BEFORE
> they are rebuilt/releathered that I have ever seen. I built the bead
> blasting booth that Bill Spurlock published plans for in the Journal and
> use medium (140 grit) beads.
>
> (snip, snip)
>
> Steve Grattan, Associate
> lostchordclinic@ameritech.net

Before building our bead blasting box, I checked with Bill for any last minute
updates on his design.  He suggested that instead of building his we should
check into a design offered by:
    TIP Tools & Equipment
    PO Box 649 Canfield
    OH 44406-9984,
Phone  330.533-3384
Fax  330.533-2876
Order Phone  800.321-9260
http://www.tiptools.com

These folks kind of specialize in abrasive blasting equipment and supplies.
We ordered Cabinet Plans #6600 for $7.50, built it with a few modifications
and have been quite happy with it.

We also got all of our supplies from them.  Their prices were fair and their
service has been excellent.

Regards,

Del