Mahaffey lever

barre46@ibm.net barre46@ibm.net
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:05:52 -0600

Hello Ken,

I'll try to describe how to use the Mahaffey lever for fine tuning. You used the
term, "flip the lever" and that gave me the idea of how to describe this.

Hold the tip firmly on the tuning pin with the heel of your hand and use your
wrist and fingers to rotate the lever and bump the stop. A hard bump moves the
pin more than a soft one (obvious). With practice you can move the tuning pin in
very small increments which results in fine tuning. This very same technique
will work on grands but it does seem to take more practice.

I hope this makes sense

Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN