GLASS BEADING of actions = INCOMPETENCE

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:23:14 EST

Stan Kroeker wrote;

<<I'll close with these remarks...you base your opinion on assumptions
only...you haven't provided evidence...PERHAPS there are real RISKS...you
certainly haven't identified and
proven them.  I and many others who employ this technique have experienced
none of the deterioration within piano actions that logic has forced you to
conclude will happen.  In this regard, I assure you I am not incompetent.>>

I NEVER SAID YOU WERE.  ---  I said "someone wrote", leaving, I hoped,
personalities out of a needed discussion of what I consider a bad practice.

It is not for me to prove anything, for I do not blast actions with glass
beads.  It is for the proponents of the practice to prove that their way is
better than what appears to be an obviously safer, equally effective,
alternative practice.

I did hope to point out the risks of glass dust in actions. It stands to
reason. Hopefully, some new associate might now buy a bag of pecan shells
rather than glass beads. Hey - It only took a few decades for doctors to start
wearing gloves after Lister and Pasteur proved the harmful effects of
bacteria.

"INCOMPETENCE" was put in the subject line to bring out, in a fit of pique,
those who not only use glass beads, but think it is a BETTER way to blast
actions. This is the way progress is made. What stands now in the archives, is
that there may be risks to glass beading, NOT  that it is just another way to
do something.

I thought that just letting it slide, to say nothing, would have been worse.
I did not mean to offend you personally.

Best regards,

Bill Simon
Phoenix