Vertical touch weight

Mike Swendsen mike.swendsen@shaw.wave.ca
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:44:34 -0700

I have seen very high touch weights in consoles before, and usually if the
flanges are free enough, the most likely place to look is the hammer return
spring. Some well meaning technician might have strengthened them up the
touch weight....causing wear and then extra friction. Of course, key
friction is also a high possibility.  But if the weight is consistent, it's
probably springs. IMO even 55gms is high for a console.

Mike Swendsen