DC PADS

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:07:07 EST

<< Has anyone tried a substitute materials for D-Chaser pads. >>

David,

A few clients have used the fiber washcloths available from the grocery store.
They seemed to function, stay wet, and wick water.  I replaced them with the
standard pad when I performed the tuning.  The cost of the Damppchaser-
supplied pads is not exorbitant and their replacement is usually not necessary
between tunings (unless you see the piano less often than once a year).  Use
of the humidifier treatment further reduces the problem with bad pads.   I
just keep a good stock of regular pads.

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, La Sierra University
Loma Linda, CA  92354