new subject - piano relocators

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:01:06 PST

Hi all!

I had the sad duty of telling a ballet school that their donated Kimball
grand piano just is not able to withstand the use it gets in the studio
any more.  After some thought I came up with the idea of posting a sign
up looking for someone that would be interested in donating a piano for
the studio.  I volunteered (my daughter takes class there)to be the one
that people call and screen the instruments before taking donations.
(No Whitneys please!)

I'll let you know if I get any response.

How about a not-for-profit foundation that would relocate pianos to
those in need from those that could use a tax write-off?  Could also be
used as a training center for new technicians.  Use this oppourtuninty
to train prospective owners on appropriate care for their instrument.
Good for technicians, good for owners.

What do you think?

Ron Koval
InAndAroundChicago