Exception or rule?

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:40:44 -0600

Tony,

   Two or three years ago, one of our lease program verticals consistently
had condensation on the inside of the piano every time I opened it to tune.
Do you think this could be the same problem? At the time, I just attributed
it to the lousy air-conditioning system in our old music building. That was
the only one that had that problem. Then or since. Just curious.

Avery

>The way I see it is simple, pianos regardless of price are supposed to last
>for a long time.  Look at the cheaper pianos made by Yamaha.  There are two
>types, normal and tropical.  Tropical they use waterproof adhesives and the
>hammer heads are stapled. Normal they use white glue and the hammer heads
>are not stapled. The cheaper Indonesian piano is Tropical.  Kawai, reciently
>I inspected a top of the range Kawai upright that had  water dripping on the
>top.  The top had swollen CHIPWOOD WITH GREEN GLUE.  No comment.
>
>Tony  caute@accessnt.com.au

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston