Kimball regulation

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 12:08:02 EDT

In a message dated 7/01/1999 11:50:52 AM, pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

<< One type that
I tested -- I think it was the same material used by Kimball -- was a resin
impregnated woven felt that outlasted buckskin/leather by several times. >>

Del;
 From Franks follow up post where he describes the butt material as being
rather 'new looking' you probably have hit the nail :-)

<<"If an action using this material doesn't "feel"
right I'd be inclined to look at, and blame, sloppy manufacturing and/or
incorrect component geometry.">>

  Yep I agree but..........since we were discussing a Kimball I didn't want
to go here........
The one application where I detest this stuff is on backchecks, and this
because trying to get a set of hammers to reliably check on a light touch is
problematical....... to be charitable.
Jim Bryant (FL)