Mail Undeliverable: Failure Detected

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:33:08 -0400

Could not send message to USER: jennfee
Reason for Mail Failure below:

Message not Delivered.  Recipient's Mailbox Over Quota.

At 10:55 PM -0400 7/1/99, Earl S. Dunlap, Jr. wrote:
>These compounds, depending upon the hydrocarbon chain lengths & structure
>can convey waxiness & lubricity.  They also tend to be humectants (draw
>water).

Like glycerine pulling moisture into a dead pinblock.

>They don't really change the chemical known as "wool."  They draw water from
>the air which tends to soften, and they attach fairly strongly to the wool
>adding lubricity if their hydrocarbon chain is on the long side.

By lubricity, would you mean reducing fiber-to-fiber friction, as fibers
move under the impact with the strings? Or simply as Betty Sue is pulling
the sweater over her larger-than-last-year profile?

>BTW (1) Some people are allergic to them.

 Probably why Lever listed it on the jug!

>I hope this helps a bit rather than makes your eyes glaze over, Bill.

You win the ice cream cone, Frank. Just what I was looking for. (Now,
where's that Biker magazine so I can unglaze my eyes.)

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"We mustn't underestimate our power of teamwork."
 Bob Davis