RPT's ... tested or grandfathered??

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:07:40 -0400

Hi,

I was having a conversation with another technician recently who =
mentioned that there may be those in the PTG who have the distinguished =
title of RPT who have never taken the exams that newcomers are expected =
to take in order to use those three little letters next to their name.  =
If that's true, is it possible that there are people administering exams =
that they've never had to pass?

I didn't have an answer for my fellow technician, but rather than =
jumping to any conclusions, I wanted to gain the insight of others more =
familiar with the history of the testing as we now know it, and any =
'grandfathering'  that may have taken place some time in the past.

If it would be more appropriate, feel free to e-mail me privately.  But =
sincerely, I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.