Second guessing methanol

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:57:47 -0500 (CDT)

>I thought Vodka was bad for your liver, too.

* Not in actions. Actions, however, would probably be bad for your liver if
ingested. There's a "rule of life" for you. Never put an action in your
mouth. Some things really shouldn't need  to be said.

>Maybe I'll use Meth till I
>need glasses and then switch to the vodka.

* You don't need glasses for either one. Some sort of squeeze bottle usually
works much better without giving the impression that you're overly snooty.
You don't spill as much either. I suppose one could dispense it straight
from the bottle, but there's little point in getting the neighbors started.

>Seriously, I'll try the vodka next.  I've got plenty of actions in the shop
>to experiment with in this climate.  I just hope the customer doesn't look
>at me suspiciously.
>
>LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT

* The basic rule is, show them the result, not the means. Most folks aren't
really prepared to experience "the method". This applies to tuning,
rebuilding, panic fixes, wart removal, and any number of diversionary
procedures in practically any field of endeavor you could name. BTW, how
does one come to have "plenty of actions" in the shop on which to
experiment? Doesn't the availability of an action in the shop imply the
absence of same in a former piano somewhere? And what's the current
definition of what constitutes "plenty". Looks to me like seed for a Class
II conspiracy theory.

>Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
>make them all yourself."

* That would depend on the rate of mistake occurrence and your own projected
longevity based on that of your ancestors, wouldn't it? How would you know
when you've got 'em all? What if you're wrong? I've certainly been wrong
before, and it could happen again at any moment.

Well, that's *my* weekend puzzler. Have a safe 4th, and don't mix methonol
with black powder. There's no point to it, and it would truly be a dumb
thing to do... possibly a mistake.  %-)

 Ron