Re-directed use of perfectly good Vodka!

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 03 Jul 1999 10:54:08 -0600

Hi Dave,
             A good post, I would also like to add that even when lightly
steaming, the fine voicing is always finished up with neddles and a certain
amount of light reshaping.
Both methods are just a prelude to traditional voicing, but when your back
is against the wall, and the neddles will not penetrate, some extra help is
needed.
Another technique that can help with over juiced hammers, is what I call
wet needling, saturate the hammer with acetone, leave for 10 mins so the
hardener becomes plastic, re wet, then neddle. One warning on this method,
It seems to take 48hrs before you can hear the final result, i.e. it's no
diffferent than juicing.
Regards Roger

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre