getting serious about methanol

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Sat, 03 Jul 1999 15:56:40 -0600

At 05:13 PM 7/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
Ed,
	For what it's worth, we almost never need anything more than a little
protec, or other cleaner/lube. We're so dry here, that it's rare that we
get one that needs alchohol/water shrinkage. I've used a 50/50 mix before
for actions that got super damp, somehow (swamp cooler accidents, etc), but
I'd be afraid to shrink much. We don't even see that much S&S verdigris.
Come winter, they'd fall apart! I really think that solutions (as opposed
to repinning) are totally dependent on ALL the factors surrounding the
sluggishness, and should be used on a case-by-case basis.
On the other hand, budget may play more of a role in our market, also.

Guy