getting serious about methanol

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 10:20:04 EDT

Ed;
 I'm gonna agree with Lance here, although our climate conditions are not the
same...he lives five feet below sea level and we are five feet above. :-)

  I have tried the straight Meth and can't say that I am unduly favorable as
to the results............but you have to admit it sure does free up the
flanges............

  Like Lance I find a 50/50 mixture of denatured alcohol and water to be the
best "shrinker" and rarely have to repin.  What is the difference between
straight alcohol and a mixture?...I don't know but there definitely is one.

 As for the other 'spirits' mentioned...they belong in a glass, over ice, as
a reward to yourself for doing good work and not on/in the action of a piano.
Different strokes I suppose :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)