Kawai una corda lever, thanks

DChadPiano@AOL.COM DChadPiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:40:57 EDT

List members,

Thanks for the suggestions! I think the best approach for me would to use
Jim's suggestion and manufacture one out of pinblock material to use until
the factory part arrives. It is a heavily used pedal by the pianist so it
will be interesting to see how the wooden replacement responds. Maybe several
coats of West System on the lever will hold the laminations rigid and prevent
flexing.

David Chadwick
Las Vegas

<<
 << Help! I need to find a cast iron lever for the kedbed shift on a Kawai
 KG-2C  >>

 David;
  Ten or twelve years ago I found myself in a similar situation on a Sojin (I
 think).
 Anyway, there was also to be a six to eight month wait for the part and I
 made a "temporary" lever from scrap pinblock stock. I oriented the
 laminations vertically.
  That was, as I said, ten or twelve years ago, the new lever never came in
 and the "temporary" lever is still functioning just fine.........perhaps
this
 would work in your situation...perhaps not.
 Jim Bryant (FL)