getting serious about methanol

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 01:09:20 -0500

----------
> From: A440A@AOL.COM
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: getting serious about methanol
> Date: Monday, July 05, 1999 5:09 AM

>    I can see the ease that wetting solutions provide, however,  I have a
> strong suspicion that if all hammershanks are checked after this, they may be
> loose, but will not be as consistant as if they were repinned.

That quite possibly is true.  After all one of the "eases" of wetting is not having
to take apart the action esp. when using the  Dripolator. Therefore consistancy
cannot be checked as in repinning. There are checks which for me are close enough.
Standing the action on end and tilting until the hammers start to move. A slow one
here will really stick out. But that is only one set of centers on uprights.   Grand
wips seem to show pretty good on this test.

I wonder what I will get from the factory?
> Regards,
> Ed Foote

Probably a note saying,  "Correction.  The mixture should be 50:50"   ; )   ric