getting serious about methanol

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:08:12 -0500

Ed,

If the stuff from the Pharmacy was PURE, it should do very little,
especially with no heat.  I wonder if they were just spongy and reacted
more than usual.  I can see where a less dense felt would have a different
reaction.  Did you try taking a couple off and easing them by pulling on
the shank/hammer while rotating back and forth.  Maybe a slightly sluggish
action just needed to be played/bushings compressed.  (just trying to think
of some possible reason for your unusual experience) Again, I used my usual
remedy on a Young Chang once and they did get too loose for no apparent
reason.  The more water you add, the more shrinking.  This is consistent
with _all_ I have read and experienced. Do you have access to the articles
I mentioned?  If not, I can snail mail them to you.
LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."