Piano 'detuning'

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 09:19:52 -0600

Hi Ed, Phil,

At 08:46 AM 7/6/99 -0400, you wrote:

Ed:
>> (Lawdy, am I out here in public justifying bad unisons?
geez............(:)}}

Yup, but rest easy.... it's in print..... somewhere. I remember it from a
chapter in... uh... Travis? maybe?. Dean Howells' book, also. Dean used to
use a 1/2 beat roll for the bichords in the bass of almost every vertical.
He also used a roll to "cancel" noise in the high treble of big grands.
I'll admit to having used both, on occasion, to satisfy... uh .... someone.

Rook-a-roni:
>yes you are!..'keeping the customer satisfied'.

That really is the ticket, isn't it?

Guy

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon