Noah's Ark

Robert A. Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:48:48 -0700

The storm that hit Vegas also hit Tucson. In fact, it stormed Monday,
Tuesday and Wednesday, putting a lot of pressure on the emergency
services people. A 40 foot eucalyptus fell on my house, puncturing my
shop ceiling in two places. Water was pouring through like there was a
spigot in the ceiling. Fortunately, not much damage was done. We were
able to bail out the shop pretty well until the rain subsided. If
anything got damaged, it would be my new Ohaus digital balance, which
got damp, but didn't take a direct dose of water. I haven't tested it
yet. I wanted to give it some time to dry out first.

I haven't lived in Las Vegas since 1972, Rob, but as a child in the
1950's, I used to walk a block to East Charleston Blvd. after those
infrequent, but massive rainstorms to watch the street/river flow by.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, AZ