Land Ho!!

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 09:16:17 -0500

Hi all,

I just though you might be interested in knowing that the
waters have receded and Las Vegas is a desert again.  The
golf course outside by back porch is greener than ever!!

The pianos at the university were saved, but only by quick
action.  Had they been forgotten they would have been
damaged, particularly the new Yamaha in the crate which was
at the lowest level.  A pump was used to drain the area.
Needles to say the room has a very musty smell and there is
dirt everywhere.  The rest of the building is okay except
for the dirt.  A crew with various pieces of strange
equipment was working on that the last time I checked.  I'm
not certain, but rumor has it that the hardwood floors in
the dance studio received major damage.  This floor of
course needs to be perfectly flat and smooth.  Being
underwater doesn't exactly promote that.

Most of the damage around town seems to have been
concentrated on the east side where several homes and
businesses were flooded and/or washed way.  On the
interstate a new bridge was being constructed.  The old one
collapsed blocking all lanes in both directions.  No one was
hurt and they have it cleared now but I hear it was quite a
mess.

Thanks for everyone's concern.  Come visit soon, the crap
tables still work just fine!!

Rob Goodale, RPT
University Nevada, Las Vegas