Accutuner

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:39:36 EDT

>I'm thinking about upgrading from a SAT II to a SAT III but I'm a little
>leary about the automatic note stepper feature.  A friend of mine said
>it
>can cause
>confusion.  Can it be de-activated if I desired?  Is it really a problem?

Greetings,
     I have, several times, found myself tuning to the wrong note. This
happens when I go back and check something and the machine automatically
hears a target partial and changes to it.  Minor thirds below will often
occur.  This is not a problem once you get the discipline down.  You can omit
the function and use a switch if you desire.
    One big thing about the III for me is the temperament selection.  It
makes it easy to load 14 temperamenti, which are easily applied to any FAC at
the touch of a button.  Also, You can place a + 8 cent correction in each
note of a temperament page, and instantly have a442 that you can use the
pitch raise function with.
     The octave stretch change is also very useful in tailoring tunings to
specific venues, ( compressed for studio recording work, and expanded for
jazz club etc.)
Regards,
Ed Foote